Monday, July 20, 2009

I am weak

I got promoted at work. It's really great, except all my "free time" is now spent being a "parent" instead of "writing bullshit on the internet." Also, Warren decided to do a little redecorating on my laptop. Now, I have no space bar. So, that's fun.

Also, I have big exciting life news, but I'm not ready to share with work, so I can't share on the internet. Hopefully not too much longer do I have to be super spy.

But the new job is great. It's also a zillion hours a week, but in a really exciting way. I get to write. For a living. And make good money doing it. So, that's a plus and makes me more sure that moving to Sacramento wasn't the worst choice I've ever made.

Meanwhile, Cory got his driver's license, Warren is a big ol' 19 month old who thinks he's a big kid, the cats are mostly ridiculous with the heat (how many days in a row can it really be over 100 degrees? The answer: a million, evidently)

I did spend last weekend with my big sister, my friend Jen and her sister. It was so much fun. I love getting a whole bunch of people you love together, and then they all get along really well. I haven't laughed so hard in forever. And we weren't drinking. I know, I was surprised too!

Also, since my computer is sad and on her last legs, I bought a new computer today. One of Xtian's friends sells computers on ebay, and this is one he got for hella cheap. So now, I have a supersexy touch screen laptop for 1/3 what I had planned to spend. Huzzah!

I miss my internet friends. Though I'm still following everyone via my Google Reader, I just can't comment from it (and work can't give me shit for it, since all my work articles are on it too!). So, I'm still on top of most folks.

Happy times.

3 comments:

meghan said...

Ooooh! Can't wait to hear your exciting life news! :)

And congrats on your promo. That's so awesome. Yay good jobs!!!!

Faith said...

Hmm...I'm intrigued. I'll keep my comment to that, because I'm pretty psychic, and I think I know what it is. ;)

Yay for the work stuff going so well! I miss ya, too, but I certainly understand why you haven't been updating too often. Any little stories are fun for me to read, so just share when ya can, and I'm a happy internet friend.

jen breese said...

Yippee on the promotion and writing for a living. I'm proud of you. But I sure as hell miss your caustic blogs. :)

Last weekend rocked. I had a total blast too.