Friday, October 3, 2008

Ummm...

Remember when I said there was nothing new to report? Well, now I have a couple things to report.
1. My boss was fired yesterday. This is total bullshit, and a really bad decision on management's part. The rumor mill is a-going and apparently I'm "tearing her hair out" over the whole thing. I guess that's true, aside from the "tearing my hair out" part. I'm disappointed and sad that my friend is gone. But really, good for him. He doesn't have to come here anymore only to be treated badly and plotted against. And, I think he's going to demand a sizeable severance package. So, woohoo! Nicely done Steve!

2. It seems that I have a new job. WOOOHOOOOO!!! Right as I got home from a hard day at work (what with my mentor being fired), I got the call and the offer. I'm a little torn about the whole thing. It's less money (again! Two jobs in a row with a paycut! Hurray! Oh wait, no. Boooo!), but I'm hoping the reduced cost of living will help with that quite a bit. And they want me to start on October 20. Yes, THIS October 20th. Giving us just 17 days to quit our jobs, give notice to our landlords, find a new place to live, find a way to PAY for our new place to live, pack up and move. Oh, and we all still have to work in the meantime.

Who's up for a coffee?

So, I'm totally overwhelmed and a little shellshocked after the last two days. But, in one fell swoop I've managed to cross two more items off my list. (Almost...we'll wait until I actually start the gig and have an address to call my own before we strike it).

So, thank you for all the sweetie thoughts and encouragement for the last...well forever. I'm super excited and also terrified. Exactly how you should feel at a time like this, I should think.

Holy crap! Did I mention that I'm moving to Sacramento? And got a job? For reals?

6 comments:

jen breese said...

Woohooo for you! At least Sacramento isn't that far away. :)

meghan said...

CONGRATS!!!! Oh I'm so happy for you. You will have to email me and tell me what you're doing. The MJ reunion is tonight. I can make a cardboard Coley...wait that may be creepy...

Jenn said...

Yay! And ohmygawd! All at once!

Super excited for you, and look forward to reading all about it when you get to the other side. I'd totally be up for coffee (or baby sitting while you packed!) but me thinks it may be a bit out of the way!

Happy packing! (yay!)

April said...

YAAAAAY!! That's so awesome!! It'll be a BIG pain in the ass, but in the end I'm sure it'll be worth it! I'd offer to help you pack and shit, but you're all the way over on the left coast. =)

Faith said...

Congrats! Sucky about the pay, but its a job you want to do, right? Hopefully that will help a bit in the end.

Good luck packing and finishing up at work and getting a great place in a spot you want in Sac town, and all. YAAAAYYY!!!

dreadpiratecuervo said...

Congrats! & good luck w/the move! :)