Friday, November 30, 2007

Still inhabited, 39 weeks, 5 days.

After my Step Grandmother decreed that I'm not allowed to give birth until DECEMBER! (Why she gets to make decrees such as this? I still do not know), I've held out a little hope that Mocha Cub would prove to be like me and be born before December 1 JUST TO FUCK WITH SG! Because that is so something I would do, just to be contrary. But, so far, it's 11 am on November 30, and nothing doing. Damn it. I blame Xtian's easy going genetics.

I slept like ass last night, and when the alarm went off I felt like both my hips and pelvic bones were staging a revolt, so I opted to stay home and try to get at least two hours of uninterrupted sleep. Instead, I tossed and turned and dozed only to be awoken by screaming pain in my joints until I finally gave up and got out of bed. So, even with all the best of intentions, I would have probably been better off going to the gym. Damn it. This kid better get itself born soon, I can't handle too many more nights of crappy sleep. It makes Coley an unpleasant person.

I get the distinct feeling my family and friends are tag-teaming the phone calling me. No one wants to nag and call all the time, so instead, every day, a different person calls. It's kind of funny. Monday was my big sister, Tuesday my mom, Wednesday was Sarah, Thursday was Jen (although, since we email a few times a day, this is less surprising). I'm kind of wondering if/who will call today. My dad? My baby sister? It's kind of fun.

Today I received my last full paycheck from work. Damned if it all isn't going to rent and groceries. I realized I'll totally have to rework our budget, and that sounds unfun. Same bills, but with only 65% of the normal money coming in. I guess that means I'll have to start being...frugal. I hate that game. But damned if I have a choice in the matter.

Happy Friday Y'all. The days of the week don't mean much to me anymore, especially since the Writer's Strike has killed any TV show I had been watching. Now, what's the difference between a Monday and a Thursday?

No comments: