Friday, May 23, 2008

Brutal

Holy crap. When did everyone decide that Memorial Day is now a four or five day affair? I mean, I know Christmas is subject to "Holiday Creep." But I was not aware Memorial Day was in the same boat. If you couldn't tell, ain't nobody at work today. It's only 9:30 am, and I've already burned through all 30-something websites I usually browse through over the course of the day. PEOPLE! WRITE! I'm bored!

Oh, and I have something else to add to the list of bullshit people have complained about at my work. A few days ago, we got an email from one of the VPs stating that apparently there were some boxes left in the hallway, and my department needs to take care of those. Umm, no fire codes were broken, they weren't blocking any walkways, they were only in the hallway overnight, since the mailroom didn't have room for them. But during those 2 business hours the boxes were there, THREE emails were sent complaining about it. Dude, the boxes were stacked up and took up less room than an office trashcan. Just fucking ridiculous. Sometimes, I want to punch everyone in the face.

Methinks today is an excellent time to take a half day. I don't know how I"m going to make it another 5 and a half hours. I'm already done with everything that has to be done today, and I'm pretty sure this is how office violence happens. Luckily, I'm unarmed. Enjoy your long weekend folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here. Alll daaaayyy loooonnng.

I think the holiday creep happens this weekend too because it's the first long weekend most of us have had since, what, President's Day in February? Is that right? I think so.

Anyway, I feel ya. Wish I could entertain you more. But, alas, I am but one woman. I'm a BIG one, but that doesn't help, I've found.

Anonymous said...

Man, there's people that get off President's Day? Sheesh. Hope your afternoon flew.