Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stuffity Stuff.

First things first. WRITE PEOPLE! It's only 10 am, and I'm almost through my entire repertoire of daily reading. What am I supposed to do with the rest of my day? Hmm? I mean, I've got at least two more pumping sessions, and just what do you expect me to do while I'm occupied as such? So, yeah. Get with it, folks. I'm bored.

Secondly, I read the Wall Street Journal piece on Dooce then some of the follow up pieces. Now, I'll admit, I just don't understand hate mail. If you really don't like what is being written, or how someone lives their life, stop reading their blog. Simple, and it keeps your blood pressure in check. I think we've all come across a site that has just pissed us off for some reason, but isn't it easier to just NOT read it? Also, specific to Dooce, the WSJ article referenced a site that called her out for "exploiting her daughter for money." And I just don't get that either. When someone publishes a book that mentions the author's family, are they exploiting their kids for monetary gain? No, they are writers! But, for some reason, we devalue anything on the web. At the level Dooce writes, and with her ridiculous readership, why shouldn't she be able to make it her job? Just, stupid. We're all so quick to find fault with everyone else, and it's so easy to shoot off a hate-filled email to some person we don't have to look in the eye. It's cowardly and retarded.

What is with job applications getting so damned involved? Look, I'll send you my resume and a little introduction letter. If you like what you see, call me and I'll tell you anything you want to know, then you schedule an interview and we'll chat some more. Don't make me jump through flaming hoops, and a bikini contest just so you can NEVER CALL ME. Once you're interested in me, sure I'll craft an essay on whatever topic you like. Meantime, all I'm sending is a resume. You're going to need to put a little work in too, asshole HR person. What the hell? This ain't the Miss America Pageant.

We all know I'm a little obsessive, right? Well, due to my weird obsessive behavior, I freaked out last week because my milk supply was slowing down. Over the last couple of weeks, I'm down two ounces a day, on average. So, I started taking an herbal thingy that's supposed to help. I'd read that one of the only side effects is that your piss might smell kind of like maple syrup. But, that doesn't sound like a BAD side effect, does it? Not like all those social anxiety pills, with side effects like pooping yourself in public. But anyway, so I'm taking this fenugreek stuff, and it's all good, pumping like gangbusters to get the supply to meet my demands. Only now, everything smells like maple syrup. My pee, my sweat, even the milk. Just the strangest thing ever to get home from the gym and smell like someone wrung out a pancake.

Work continues to be weird, but whatever. I feel much less bothered by the craziness now that I know there's an end in sight. One way or another, I'm going to be out of here within the year.

So, I forgot what else I was going to write about. I'm a little disappointed that so few people commented on the last post. But oh well, what's a girl to do, eh?
I think I'm going to put my list of goals in my sidebar somewhere so they are staring me in the face until I get there. I'd make a little list for my office, but I hear they frown on posting your intentions to get the fuck out of your job for public viewing. Eh, whatever.

No comments: