Saturday, January 12, 2008

No sleep and no beer make Coley... something something.

Yesterday someone replaced my sweet, good-natured baby with the Child Who Screams If Mom Fails to Rock/Jiggle/Sway in the Exact Manner Said Child Prefers This Very Second. Unfortunately, it also happened to be the first time I had to get myself and Warren dressed and out of the house at a specific time without help. Not a good day. After battling with the Screamer, and still managing to get showered and dressed, and loaded into the car at the right time, I found a parking ticket under my windshield wiper. Spec-fucking-tacular. Needless to say, I was a bit of a wreck.

Today is not shaping up much better, but at least I don't have to go anywhere. Warren has only slept in 30 minute chunks since 3 am. He's tired, and cranky and so am I. I'm pretty sure the only thing holding my patience together today is the knowledge that Xtian doesn't work tomorrow. Which means that tonight, all night, Xtian's on duty. So at the very least, I can get a little sleep. Maybe.

Lucky for Warren, he's still so goddamned adorable. If babies weren't cute, I don't think many of them would live to see adulthood. (And I haven't even gotten to the teething stages yet. *shudder*)

To keep it interesting around here, I present to you a picture of Fiddy the Cat in a tie. Yes, I bought my cat a tie. Don't you judge me.

No comments: