Friday, September 28, 2007

Proof that even when things are going swimmingly, I can still find stuff over which to FREAK!

It has become apparent that eventually, we’ll have to move. Our little home can house one small child and two adults pretty well, but I think even one toddler and two adults would cause the walls to swell outward and explode. Let alone the fact that I want more than one child, and we want it within a couple years of the first.

So, like any rational person, I’m currently OBSESSING about where we will move. (Refuse to rent a place with more than 2 bedrooms in the Bay since it will cost roughly $4000 a month. Also, just can’t afford to buy a home big enough to meet our needs in the Bay. Plus, did I mention the whole “people on my street getting shot” thing? Yeah.) So, Xtian and I have been kicking around ideas of where to move, and clearly, that is leaving me a stressed out pile of uselessness. Vancouver was mentioned as a possibility. Immediately, I’m in a crying fit because, we have a kid and will immediately take it away from its grandparents! What kind of asshole am I? I can’t do that to my parents or to my kid! AGHGHGHGH!
You think I’m exaggerating, but you are wrong. This really is as crazy as I’ve become. So, no to Vancouver.

I thought I was just being crazy until Jen pointed out that this just might be the way I do nesting. Most women clean the house, get the baby’s room ready, you know, normal rational things. I, being an overachieving freak, have to find an ENTIRELY NEW NEST! It’s nesting on crack, apparently. I suck, and I can’t believe anyone puts up with me these days. And by “anyone” I mean Xtian. Although, that does explain his need to get the hell out of town and away from me this weekend.

Mocha Cub is currently learning the fine art of Ultimate Fighting while still occupying my uterus. The combination of jabs, kicks, elbows, headbutts and full body flips are causing me to grimace in discomfort all day every day. A very attractive look if I do say so myself. And this kid is only getting bigger and stronger for two more months. This may be the first child to actually punch through his/her mom’s abdomen to be born via spontaneous C-section. Again, you think I’m joking, but I am not.

I plan to spend my entire weekend alone in my underwear, eating freezer foods (mmmm, fish sticks, French fries and hot pockets), and watching the last season of Charmed. I can’t wait.

No comments: