Friday, July 27, 2007

Oy.

So. Rough week, eh? Wednesday morning I got a call from my mom telling me my dad was in the hospital. They thought he’d had a stroke. All day Wednesday they ran tests, scans etc and finally around 7 pm ruled out stroke and decided that his migraines are exhibiting stroke-like symptoms.

I spent most of Wednesday either crying or completely numb. My dad’s only 51, and I’m completely terrified of the thought of losing him, or of his being incapacitated in any way. And the thought of him never getting to meet his grandkid is more than I can deal with. So, I’ve been a bit of a mess.

I woke up after a miserable night of sleep on Thursday feeling like a truck had hit me. I opted to stay home and slept until almost 11 am.
I still feel like shit.

My dad’s fine, I’ve talked to him a few times since then, and he’s good, scared, but fine. But I’m more than a little freaked out by the idea of my dad’s mortality. I think everyone in my family is too.

So, that’s all that’s on my mind these days. I’m a barrel full of laughs, as you can see.

But I will share this: Mocha Cub figured out punching this week. Tiny little fists of fury pummeling me. It’s cute right now. But remember, MC has at least 4 more months to get bigger and stronger. Methinks the cuteness will wear off pretty quickly here.

Hope everyone else is doing well, we should be back to our regularly scheduled vagina jokes and profanity shortly.

No comments: