Wednesday, February 14, 2007

This VD can't be cured with Penicillin.

Ah, the tired is upon us. It’s pretty awesome. But when you are up between 4 and 4:30 am at least 5 days a week, tired is a constant.

So what, you might ask, are a couple of newlyweds doing for their first Valentine’s Day? Well, First, I’m getting off work. Second, I’m driving to Vacaville, in the height of rush hour traffic in the Bay Area, to meet my dad. Why? Because Xtian is with my dad right now, snowboarding. No, I wasn’t invited on this trip. (See? SEE?!?! Xtian is totally my parents’ favorite! Why did Xtian score so well on his in-laws, and I got the damn booby prize?) Then, we’ll eat at some random ass restaurant, again in VACAVILLE, and spend the next two hours stuck in tremendous traffic. It’s everything I imagined.

So, in lieu of any real celebration, I think I’ll just take part in Steak and BJ day (March 14, for those not in the know). That’s more my speed anyway. If I were to come home to find pink hearts and gas station flowers, I’d be more irritated and uncomfortable than pleased. So, Steak and Blow Jobs it is.

I did, however, commit a social gaffe and neglect to get my work husband anything at all. Oh, did I forget to mention that I have a work husband? Yeah, his name is Eric. And no, there’s nothing sexual at all here. When Xtian heard about the term “work-husband” he was a little concerned until I explained that I am in no way attracted to Eric. He calmed right down after that and has kind of accepted the situation.
Work husband, however, got me a delightful Starbucks gift card. The gift of caffeine is always welcomed. But, I didn’t do shit for him, so I think someone’s getting a card consisting of glitter, macaroni, and perhaps pipe cleaners. Because that’s how I roll.

Enjoy the VD everyone.

No comments: