Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Lengua Fuera

So, it turns out my body is a shithead. I know, I’ve mentioned that before, but allow me to elaborate.
I’ve been working out 6 days a week for about two months now. And I don’t mean just showing up at the gym, I mean kicking my own ass with the running. And you know what my body HASN’T done? Lost one fucking pound. Yes, I know, it takes time and slow weight loss is the best kind, and yes my body is definitely changing for the better blah blah blah. But you know what, I weigh an obscene amount, and no matter how much muscle I’m gaining, there is absolutely no reason the numbers on the scale shouldn’t be going down.

So, again, my body is a shithead. Just ri-goddamn-diculous.

In other news, I’m pretty retarded for my husband. It’s just weird for me to be all gushy and lovey. I was never really keen on the idea of getting married. Just never was a priority for me. I wanted to have kids and be with a life partner, but marriage was always beside the point. However, Xtian was pretty adamant on wanting to make it legit. And I like weddings. Hell, what’s not to like about throwing a big ass party, wearing a big-ass dress and sparkly jewelry, getting drunk before noon and getting presents on top of it?

So, in light of my youthful misgivings, it’s kind of nice liking being married to Xtian. And that I haven’t become your typical “wife” is also good. Yes, I cook and can nag/whine with the best of them, I’ve been fortunate in the way Xtian mostly is the emotional caretaker and I continue in my neurotic battle between dudely and bitchy. Forced gender roles have always been my greatest nemesis. So, it’s nice to realize that getting married didn’t really change anything.

Yeah, with all the wisdom of someone who’s been married for 8 months. Whatever that counts for.

No comments: