Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Untitled (oops, I guess that's an oxymoron)

Well, I guess we all knew it would happen. I just hoped it wouldn’t. Xtian’s brother will NOT be joining us for Christmas this year. And not only that, the way we found out was via voicemail from the MIL of INSANITY. And I quote, “Brother will not be flying ANYWHERE. He HAS a mother.” Yeah, can anyone say ouch? And now I just want to kill her for lashing out like this. Her only aim is to hurt her son, and that is unacceptable. But at least Brother will be 18 in 11 months. And then he will at least have some options. Like getting the hell away from a mother who is clearly mentally ill.

It just hurts seeing Xtian hurt.

~~

I’m feeling a funk descending again. I’m feeling sad and hopeless for no freakin’ reason. I have no desire to do anything but lay on the couch and stare at the blank TV screen.
I did get a reprieve from my own self-indulgent malaise last night, though. Jen came over and we made some fabulous food, and chatted on the couch. It was nice to shake off the funk for a bit and just BE.

I’m glad I have the weekend to hibernate from social obligations. I foresee a little shopping, perhaps catching a movie, and otherwise just snuggling on the couch without words. Sounds about right.

No comments: