Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Short and Bitchy: Just Coley's Style

Ok, April got me going on some ridiculous bitchiness, for which I am eternally grateful. I've always like having this done a certain way. I've thought out my processes and methods at length and feel like I've come up with some "best practices" in my life. And I find myself UNBELIEVABLY annoyed when someone else does something differently.
Yes, I realize this makes me a terrible person, and probably an awful nag, but fuck it.

1. I find myself incredibly irritated when Xtian cleans the house. Yes, I know this is stupid, but he NEVER cleans it the way I like, and therefore it isn't "clean enough." How hard is it to start cleaning the highest point in the room, and end with cleaning the floor?? Honestly.
2. When I shower, I shampoo first, then immediately rinse. Then put on conditioner, do the rest of my washing and rinse all at once, because the conditioner should be left on for at least 2 minutes. I'm horribly annoyed when Xtian starts washing before putting on conditioner. Yes, I realize, this makes me more OCD than I'd like to admit.
3. I dislike having things put on top of the tv. I don't know why, it just bothers me. Whenever I find something stacked on the tv (like mail, or a dvd or anything really), it consumes my brain to the point I can't sit down and watch tv until I've moved it. I caught my little sister putting her hair brush on the tv last weekend and glared at her until she moved it.
4. I hate it when my coworkers insist on "replying to all" in an email that didn't call for it. Related: I also hate it when they send their weekly status reports to the entire group, instead of just to the manager who requested it. I don' t give a shit what you accomplished this week.
5. I have a contempt for anything tapered leg. I don't care what the fashionistas say, I hate tapered leg pants. One of my coworkers never stopped wearing them. Her clothing is generally awful to begin with, but then you add tapered leg pants with pointy-toed boots, my eyes start crossing.
6. People who mispronounce simple words like. Milk = melk, picture= pitcher, pen= pin, napkin= nackin, espresso= expresso. *shudder* Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I don't know why.


Right, I think I've tired myself out now. Please feel free to share your random annoyances. Makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who has them. Thanks April!

No comments: