Thursday, March 24, 2005

The Midwest has lost it, but the Coley's still Got It

So, last night my oldest, dearest friend came down to Oakland. We've known eachother since we were 4 years old. We were in pre-school together, but haven't seen eachother in about 5 years. That's a lot of time for someone my age. I was a little worried that we wouldn't know what to say or do etc. There were two seconds of weird, then hours of like-we've-never-been-apart. It's good to know that while things change, sometimes there's so much history with two people that all the time and distance can't mess it up.

I've come to the conclusion that I got out of the Midwest just in time. I knew it was just a matter of time for everyone to snap. You can't live with that much cold without losing it to some extent. A week apart, two massive shootings from otherwise irritatingly quiet Wisconsin and Minnesota. Areas like that just breed lunatics.

It's Thursday, and this week has been dragging ass. I'm back up in Chico this weekend, doing the whole Easter/my parents getting home from Europe thing. I'm looking forward to it, which means that today and tomorrow will take forever!

OOOOH CRAP! I almost forgot, my brother's 19th birthday is less than a week away. I like to make a big fuss over non-landmark birthdays. They are always a letdown after the biggies. 19 and 20 are my least favorite. You have to be an adult, but you still can't drink...well legally anyway.

Apparently, I'm now typing any random thought that pops into my head. Yeah, that's a good thing. I'd better stop typing before I get myself or others' into trouble with my stream of consciousness writing.
Tally-Ho!

No comments: