Friday, March 25, 2005

As it Turns out, My Mind Wanders...

It's almost 9 am, and I've already been at work for 2 hours. Not to say I've been WORKING for two hours, but I've been here, filling my chair. I'm tired just typing that.

But the sun is out again, and it's Friday and I'm going to Chico today to see the fam and the parentals who will be returning from Europe. Wow, talk about your run-on sentences. And to think, I'm supposed to be a writer? For some reason, I felt the need to listen to the Dead today. Evidently I'm channeling my inner-hippie. Anyone who hasn't lived in California is now thinking to themselves "Inner Hippie? Don't all California-types eat nothing but soy, listen to only Grateful Dead maybe Phish for a more modern skew and smoke pot incessantly? Wouldn't that just make you an unquestionable hippie?" Aha, the answer is, NO. I do eat soy, but other stuff too, and I hate Phish (tangent time: Phish is a band for Neo-hippies. They don't want to have actual ideals or stand for anything. They may even vote Republican! All Phish phans have to align themselves with hippies: smoking pot and playing "disc." That's not to say that Phish is awful or anything, but their fans make me hate Phish). It's a good day.

Today is the kind of day to take a really long lunch and walk around the lake. The hell with the fact that I'm leaving work early etc. I may even take Monday off, just so I can hang with my fam a little longer.

Apparently, I can't keep my brain on any single thought today. I just finished reading John Steinbeck's Travels with Charley. I still don't know how I feel about this book. This is strange. As anyone who knows me can tell you, I can come up with an opinion for anything is about 2.3 seconds flat. So this is a new experience for me. I can't even venture to say I like it or dislike it. And I have to discuss this with my book group (yes, I am just that dorky) next week.

I'm growing bored with my dates. I think it's time to find some new ones. Not to say I don't like the two I've already got, but I'm getting restless. It occurred to me last night, I miss having a partner. There's something fun and comforting about sleeping next to someone, knowing how to push their buttons (the good way and the bad). Sex with my ex was always good. At least that was good. I knew that we'd both get there, and knew how to do what to whom at what time, but were still experimental for the most part. The only problem, not enough of it. We both had such different schedules that getting to spend 15 minutes both AWAKE was amazing. It's hard to have sex with someone if you only see eachother when the other is asleep.

But all that leads me back to my previous musing. I miss having a partner. Damn it! I finally must admit... I like monogamy. But really, I'm enjoying dating, and it's not like I'd really like to settle down with anyone in particular. Sometimes it would be nice to climb into bed and snuggle up to someone. Someone who isn't a cat, that is.

OK, enough of all this! The Dead are singing my song, and I've got some shit to do. Happy Friday to everyone, hope this weekend brings you chocolate bunnies. Even if you don't do Easter, there is nothing wrong with chocolate. Another instance of not throwing out the baby with the bathwater! Cadbury Creme Eggs... Here I come!

No comments: