Friday, March 11, 2005

In other news....the Coley is blissfully happy

So Spring is here! The last few days have been over 80 degrees! I'm in full tank top and skirt mode. Deeeee-lightful.

There are only two things that are unpleasant on this day. 1) I'm at work instead of naked in a park frollicking, and 2) for some reason my back just exploded into agonizing rigidity and pain. But even that can't take the edge off my good mood.

I've come to realize something. I'm a happy person. My natural state is somewhere between giddy and bliss at any given moment. Sure, I have my problems, and things irritate me, but only long enough to turn it into a funny story that I can laugh at. I always thought I was pretty pessimistic, but, as it turns out, I'm one of those annoyingly happy people. All it took was cleansing my life of all the negative influences.

A couple more dates this week with the two fellows. Monday was super hot housesitting throw down with 35 year old. It just keeps getting better and hotter.
Last night I went for drinks with the 26 year old. I know most would think that this one is a more appropriate companion, but I don't know. It doesn't click. There's not that fun sexual tension thing. The doing it is good, but the fun of new people is the dance of tension all around whether or not you'll be getting it on later. The prelude. And on top of it, he's a total dude. He admitted to me last night that he really doesn't read, unless it's a magazine or sports book. Wow. I have never been into people who aren't intelligent, booky types.

We did the "resume" read-off last night. You know the whole, tell me about college, high school, blah blah blah. I think I scared him. He took his time in college, partied, graduated in 5 years, didn't have to work during etc. Whereas I had to bust my ass, graduated in 3 years, on the Dean's list, while working full time. It sounds rather pompous, but I worked damn hard. I will not dummy down to make others feel more comfortable with themselves. It seemed like he expected me to "stupid myself" or something. I don't know that I really want to see him again. I enjoy talking to him for the most part, and I don't mean to make him sound like a dick or anything. Because he's not. And we have fun, are both rather sarcastic, but he's a total California guy who's never really had to sacrifice. It's not his fault, and he's not a spoiled rich kid. Just... I guess inexperienced is the word.

Things with the 35 year old are good. He's fun, I like him. He's of a similar political/social bent as myself. Is totally NOT a dude, in fact makes fun of dudes with me. We're both kind of feeling out the more-than-a-decade age difference thing. But we seem to be on similar wavelengths. But who knows.

I have tons more that I could write about, but I don't think I will at this moment. The sun is shining, I've got a beautiful drive ahead of me this afternoon, and a low stress work day that's ending early. And two good looking males on the other end of the weekend.

This is truly turning out to be the best time of my life, so far. *Knock wood*

No comments: