Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Dinner Qualms

I live across the street from Oakland's Islamic Cultural Center. Tonight they are having a HUGE festival, the smells of amazing food, beautiful lights and music make me wish I had any faith whatsoever. Damn my independence and intellect! I live in the apartment farthest from the street, and it sounds like the band is playing inside my apartment. This better be done before I go to bed, I need my sleep! I sound like such an old lady, but I sleep about 10 hours a night when I can, so that I can stay up with my "companions" at least a couple nights a week. I used to think that being single would decrease the amount of sex I'd have. Apparently, I was wrong. The secret? Keep at least two lovers around, with different styles, so that you can choose your own adventure. Good times are had by all.

Just to save everyone else the trouble: Trader Joe's Macaroni and Cheese is NASTY! Normally I'd never stoop to prepackaged food, but long day etc. It tastes exactly like the cardboard box it's packaged in. Delightful. Just another life lesson, nothing beats homemade.

So, I guess I'm stuck with leftover pork loin with marsala sauce. Ah well, such is life.

My parents are in Europe for the next couple of weeks. Zurich, Germany and France. Which means that I get to play Mom on the weekends to a 16 and 18 year old. This also means I'm in charge of Easter. At least I've had practice. I've been cooking Easter dinner since I was 19, and I must say, I make a mean ham. Funny how I go to all the trouble of making the traditional meals for Christian holidays. Well, I think traditions are important, I just hate religion. So reject the bullshit, embrace the food.

I think that's an excellent way to deal with being surrounded by uppity Christians who think they own everything.

Have a delightful evening, and remember these words of wisdom: NEVER EAT TRADER JOE'S MACARONI AND CHEESE!

No comments: