Tuesday, March 1, 2005

Surprise Parties and Disappointments

Happy March! So my dad's 49th birthday surprise party was a total success. He had no idea whatsoever, and my mom wasn't stressed and so got to enjoy the party. The food turned out really well, so I was pleased. The only icky thing was that all the Mormons there kept saying things like "Oh, wow you made the food? What a wonderful talent!" Sounds inocuous enough, but that all translates into "What a good wife you'll make." Which to them is the highest compliment, but is a little insulting to me.

In other news, my job is becoming more and more irritating. I feel less and less like this is the right place for me. I have no interest in project management, and it seems this is what I'm being groomed for. Perhaps it's time to start looking elsewhere? Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and talk to my manager. Why is it that I'm a complete bitch in my personal life, but I can't seem to assert myself professionally? For gawd's sake I majored in PR, yet I find it impossible to promote myself.

I guess it's one of those "physician, heal thyself" kind of things.

The dating thing seems to be going well. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing, but apparently something right. I've got a couple on the line, both of whom have come back for second/third dates. I'm having fun, so I guess that's the important thing.

Two out of the three major aspects of my life are going well, so I should consider myself lucky. And I do, but is it too much to ask to be satisfied all around? Will I ever find a job/career that will challenge me and use my skill sets effectively? Will I feel the same blechy feeling a few months into every job? I just don't know. I guess, that's for me to find out.

No comments: