Thursday, December 23, 2004

There will be a slight delay in connecting this call...

Sorry for the delay. My life is currently punctuated by calls from telemarketers. Someone called last night asking for Mrs. Blank. When I said there is no MRS. anything here, he got pissy and hung up on me. What a schmuck. I hate getting a new phone number, suddenly everyone in the world is trying to sell you this, give you a "free" vacation, sign you up for that etc. I know, I know, everyone has this issue, but come on! I have promised an explanation as to the circumstances that brought me here. But I'm not in the mood for that. It's December 23, my brother (whom I haven't seen since my exodus from Milwaukee) is already at my parents' house and I'm stuck at work. Why do companies even make you come in? No one is here (save those of us without any time off). I'm really tempted to leave even earlier than I planned, say....NOW! Alas, my guilt won't let me leave at like 9:30 am. Fie my work ethic! Although, in all fairness, how good can my work ethic be if it allows me to blog at 9:30 am on a Thursday?

No comments: