Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shamelessly Stolen From Dooce

Ok, I normally hate these things. I think memes are usually boring and self-indulgent. But then so is all blogging. If I may paraphrase Patton Oswalt "Blogging is like videotaping yourself masturbating in front of a mirror, so you can watch it later... while you masturbate." Sounds about right, eh?

What are your middle names?
Duvall and Leigh

How long have you been together?

It'll be four years at the end of March.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Maybe 6 months, give or take a week.

Who asked whom out?
I ordered him to come to my parents' house for Easter Dinner.

How old are each of you?
I'm 27, he's 28. He is exactly 1 year and 8 days older than I am.

Whose siblings do you see the most?

Well, since his only sibling lives with us? I'd say his, though mine are a close second.


Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Arguing. I'm a really good arguer, and Xtian is awful. So, I can win every time, because he's too nice to fight dirty, but I feel horrible about it. We spend a lot of time yanking the real issues out of each other.

Did you go to the same school?

Yes, we went to the same high school at the same time. Though we didn't ever meet until years later.

Are you from the same home town?
Partly. He was raised in LA, then Oroville, then Chico. I was raised in the Bay Area, then Chico.

Who is smarter?

I retain information easier and faster. I don't know if that qualifies as smarter, but my memory is definitely better.


Who is the most sensitive?
Um, I guess that depends. He's more careful not to hurt feelings, but I'm quicker to feeling hurt.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Um, since we haven't eaten at a restaurant as a couple in over a year... I have no idea how to begin to answer this question.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?

Now this is depressing. From the Bay Area to Chico. 180 miles. We don't get out much.


Who has the craziest exes?

I think we've both been pretty blessed in this department. I know that a few of my exes are still actually angry at me, so that's kind of crazy?


Who has the worst temper?

Oh, me. 100%. All the way. No question about it.


Who does the cooking?

Xtian is the king of breakfast. I cook everything else, though he'd probably like to try more.


Who is the neat-freak?

Me again. Xtian will spend four hours cleaning the car with a q-tip, but thinks nothing of having a knee-deep pile of dirty clothes next to the bed.

Who is more stubborn?

Much as I think he'd argue with me, I think we're pretty even. Unless we're arguing, in which case, he'll just go along with what I say.

Who hogs the bed?

Him. He's a "pillow creeper." I'll wake up and his pillow will have moved to the middle of the bed, pushing my pillow (and you know, ME) almost off the bed. No matter what size bed we sleep on, he's shoving me over.


Who wakes up earlier?

Usually me. Though he's rarely far behind me. Of course, when was the last time a 3rd party didn't determine our wake up time?

Where was your first date?
My parents' house, Easter Dinner. With most of my extended family present.

Who is more jealous?
I'd say me, but frankly, I know Xtian too well to be too jealous. (He's not a cheater, just isn't.) He jokes a lot about me leaving him for Mr. Right, but I think it's bravado covering for a little jealousy.

How long did it take to get serious?
We started dating at the end of March, I asked him to move in in May. So... a month and a half.


Who eats more?

Xtian. Hands down.


Who does the laundry?

I'd call it even. We both pitch in. Which is how we always forget to pull out the non-dryer safe clothing and ruin a lot of things.


Who's better with the computer?
I am. Of course, I go completely apeshit when something goes wrong, because, clearly, it's Xtian's fault.

Who drives when you are together?

He does. It's hard to complain about your partner's driving if YOU do the driving. So, I prefer the comfortable Passenger Side Second-Guessing position.

No comments: