Thursday, May 1, 2008

Weirdness abounds!

Still no call from the doctor's office. It makes me crazy, but also, since their first order of business is triage (wherein they prioritize cases based on urgency)maybe that means little Warren isn't too bad yet? Looking for the bright spots, or something.
This week seems to be filled with crappy news on the internet. A couple of divorces unveiled, a miscarriage or two. Rough stuff. Let's hope that trend doesn't continue.

I'm feeling wrecked today. I kept waking up all night for weird reasons. At one point, I sat straight up in bed because I was certain a pigeon had gotten into the room. What? Where did that even come from? But I swear, I heard it flapping around inside my bedroom. Shit like that kept waking me up. These weren't dreams, more like when you're semi-conscious and you hear someone else in the house moving around. Clearly, I'm losing my mind.

Some annoying stuff going on at work. The crazy broad who complained about being in the building with my boss continues to be awkward. Today, I walked into the hallway to find she had stepped out a few feet in front of me. I don't know if she saw me coming from around the corner or not, but she suddenly broke into a run for about 10 steps. Then just walked into the ladies' room. Not sure what that was all about, but it's really fucking weird. Also, she doesn't wash her hands. Gross. So, now I can't touch any door handles since we have a confirmed nasty ass in our midst. How hard is it to wash your hands? The soap and water are RIGHT THERE! I don't care what the excuse is, there's always a way around it. I'm not really interested in contracting dysentery at this point in my life.

So, am I a complete douche since I still haven't written or sent out thank you notes for baby gifts? Yeah, probably. But damn, it's like the only thing I don't want to do, and it feels a lot like it's a moot point right about now. I wrote and sent out thank yous for baby shower gifts, isn't that good enough? I reciprocate gifts when appropriate. When will a nicely written email suffice? Isn't it "greener" to not use up the paper and gasoline used in writing thank you's and mailing them? I'm just grasping at straws now, aren't I? Damn it.

Week: Almost over. Coley: Almost happy. Huzzah!

No comments: