Friday, February 22, 2008

Two Months

Warren is officially two months old. And he's monstrous. Per the pediatrician, Warren is in the 99th grown percentile for weight, the 65th for head circumference, and the 35th for height. If he keep progressing like this, I think it's fair to say, we have a middle linebacker on our hands. And would anything make this mama any prouder?

Also because he is two months old, the doctor shoved a bunch of needles into my poor sweet boys meaty thighs. Of course Warren handled it better than I did. And I think it speaks volumes for this kid's temperament that he kept trying to smile even though he felt like shit and had a little post-immunization fever.

I had to drag the kid with me into my office last week, as the HR snitch fucked up all my paperwork. Again, I wasn't allowed past the lobby (yeah, are they afraid I might actually...work or something?) so I sat in the marbled entryway and filled out the paperwork. While I checked off boxes and initialed things, HR Snitch asked to hold Warren. As soon as she picked him up, Warren started screaming. And the bitch had the gall to make scowling faces at me and chastised me with, "You know the receptionist is on the phone!" Yeah, he's a baby, he's crying. What would you like me to do? Bitch. I almost mentioned that I could always do this in my own office if his crying was causing problems, but really? It wasn't worth the effort when it was so much more amusing to watch her squirm.

It did totally warm my heart that Warren only screamed when HR Snitch was holding him. That's mama's little angel!

I'm still basking in the warm glow of love from all the fantastic people around here. I'm unbelievably lucky to know the neatest humans in the whole world. I'm just loving y'all.

No comments: