Tuesday, February 6, 2007

In a continuing "Plague" theme

So, I’m older. 25, I am. So far, meh. My actually birthday was spent running some errands with Sarah, waiting for Xtian to get home, napping, getting all gussied up for dinner OUT.

You’ll notice, that actually HAVING dinner out was not mentioned. Why, you might ask? Poor, darling Xtian was stricken with the dreaded food poisoning.

I was really annoyed and disappointed. This may sound mean and callous. However, I’d like to point out that Xtian has not been full-on sick ever, since I’ve known him. So, of course it happens on my birthday. It took me about an hour, a drink and a cigarette to be able to gain perspective on the situation. Last year’s birthday was cancelled due to a wicked fight, this year’s was postponed indefinitely due to illness. In order to avoid further catastrophe, I think I’ll stop celebrating my birthdays. Seriously.

Not that it was all bad. Sitting around in pajamas, watching Saved with a delightful rum-based beverage was just as delightful as a ridiculously good bottle of wine, amazing food and an evening being called “pretty” by my wicked-hot husband would have been.

We’re still out of money from Xmas, car repairs and general what-have-you. Therefore, birthday gifts are running at least a week behind. This weekend Xtian got his cake and gifts, and maybe I’ll get mine next weekend. But probably more like the week after that.

Sunday’s Superbowl extravaganza was superb. I took Monday off work so that drunken debauchery could unfold, as it will. Jenga and rum? A winning combination.
OH! And Jen came over to bring me a GORGEOUS cookbook, and some socky-slippers that say Cutie on them. Needless to say, my feet were plenty toasty all day. Jen sure knows how to spoil a girl!

Ok, one little “work annoyance” then I’ll mosey along. A little while ago, my big sister called to chat a bit. (A little side story: my entire office building is an OPEN DOOR office. If you close your door, ever, for even 5 minutes, people walk over to wave in the window and ask if everything’s ok. So, even when on a personal phone call, I leave my office door open. This place does not believe that you should even HAVE a door, but the building came with them). We were on the phone for about 15 minutes. I’m aware that sound carries in this office, so I always make it a point to speak softly and only in work-appropriate manners. So, I was really miffed when, about 2 minutes into the conversation, a woman from down the hall came over and closed my office door. Umm, fuck off? Maybe I’m just being overly sensitive, but since I have to listen to this woman talk OVER everyone else (including the people she’s speaking with, yeah, she’s a monologuer) for the 5 hours she works a day, I think she can listen to my muffled voice for 15 minutes. Yeah, so in a big “FUCK YOU” gesture, I’m going to go ahead and keep my door closed for the rest of the day. Oh, and on top of it all, she’s probably the least intelligent person I’ve ever met. And you know there's nothing I hate more than a really stupid person who A) doesn't ever shut up, B) doesn't realize she is stupid and C) is too busy talking to ever listen. Ever.

Happy F*ing Tuesday.

No comments: