Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sometimes, I'm smart. Other times, not so much.

Yeah, a couple days late and at least 42 cents short: I’d like to give a shout out to MLK, without whom that really scary street in the ghetto would only be called “12th Street.”

Oh yeah, and also, the guy who mobilized a nation, fought for human dignity, and worked toward the rights I currently enjoy. Specifically the right to be married to someone whose skin is a different color from mine. So that we may make dozens of tiny little brown babies.

I know I joke about how fucking racist a lot of people are, and how Xtian and I are often stared at, glared at, or otherwise singled out because we’re different colors. But, seriously, at least we can’t be arrested for the express reason “You’re with a black man.” And that is saying something pretty frickin’ significant.

No comments: