Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Move along, move along.

I'm having fantasies about quitting my job. I got a phonecall yesterday from a company wanting to interview me, and I spent the rest of the evening thinking about how I'd quit, how I'd spend all my banked PTO etc. Mind you, I don't even know if I WANT the job. I just don't want to be here. But, wouldn't it be nice if I never had to come back here after my honeymoon? *sigh*
I'm trying not to want any jobs I here about (you know, the whole expect absolutely the worst possible scenario so that EVERYTHING is an improvement), but I can't help it. Every time upcoming projects, or work is discussed the only thought in my head is "oh my god, I hope I'm gone before that piece of shit comes down the line." This can't be good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wedding shower was wonderful. Good food, a lot of people I haven't seen in a long time. The only weirdness was opening lingerie in front of all the Mormon ladies. The cute silky nighties are one thing, the pink leopard print was quite another. It was all fabulous, but I felt weird anyway.
My sister MC'd all the games, which were delightful and not the usual "anyone caught crossing their legs loses a sticker" or "toilet paper wedding dress" stuff.
The best part: watching my mom, her sister and her best friend giggling and making bawdy jokes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, this morning, who should walk into Xtian's work? None other than godfather of Bay Area hip hop, E-40. Hurray for random celebrity sightings. Why, oh, Why wasn't I there? I could have pitched my awesome idea. The idea is this: in every E40 video, I should be there. I'll just be this random white girl, in glasses and a suit, looking all professional. It would be hilariously awesome. In the midst of all the gold chains, sweet cars and money, just a random white girl in a suit. Well, I think it would be funny. Of course, I would be taking home the paychecks for it too.


Yeah, this post sucked ass, and I'm sorry. Wait, no I'm not, if I were sorry, I'd have deleted it. But I didn't. So, apparantly I'm just a butt. Happy Tuesday. Dinner tonight with Jen and her boy. Mmmmmmm Zachary's.

No comments: