Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Why do the internet gods hate me so?

GAH! My company's internet service is screwed. Yesterday, I couldn't get to anything google related. Including anything on blogger since it's all google-fied. Today, nothing on Wordpress is coming in. Oh yeah, and a bunch of other work-related stuff is inaccessible. I guess that's somewhat important, right?

Now that Warren's first tooth has broken through the gums, he seems to be feeling much better. But of course, now he's gotten used to waking in the middle of the night and getting nursed back to sleep. So, even though he feels fine, he keeps waking up. My solution: stop feeding him. Hopefully he'll eventually figure out that the milk machine isn't giving it up, and will stop waking up. So far, no dice. He wakes up and if it's my turn to deal with him, he gets really agitated and kind of pissy with me when I don't whip out some boob.
So at 1:30 this morning, I had to wake Xtian and make him snuggle the boy back to sleep. As soon as I scooted Warren across the bed to Xtian, Warren gives Xtian a "Can you believe this bitch won't feed me?!?" look. Awesome. Starting tonight, Mama is sleeping on the couch. Maybe he'll figure it out faster if I'm not there.

~~

Saturday I'd invited my friend Eric's baby mama and their kid, C, to join me at the Farmer's market. These two are kind of a mess together, and there were paternity questions before kid was born etc. Just an unpleasant scene. But they're making a go of it, and to be supportive of my friend, I wanted to make an effort with the baby mama, L. I've met L before, and she used to work with me. However, it was not a good relationship. She has some major insecurity and jealousy issues and has said some unkind things about me in the past. I've decided to just let all that go, and am trying to be a mama-friend for her, as she seems to be lacking in the friends department.
I was really concerned about how this would go, since we've never spent any time without our respective partners. But, she ended up dragging Eric along anyway. I was hoping we'd get a chance to actually talk without the boys, since she seems so...insecure with him there, and rarely talks to anyone but him. But, whatever, if she was more comfortable, I can't blame her. After about 5 hours with them both, I was exhausted. I think she's a good person and clearly a very attentive mama, but wow. She's very intense to be around, and you don't get to finish a whole lot of sentences when she's there.

I don't know if I'll do a repeat of the whole thing. I'd like to get to know her better, without Eric being there. And I'm hoping her need needless defensiveness will wane a little bit if we spend some more time together. But then again, she just might be that in your face all the time.
We'll see if she makes any effort now that I've opened the door a bit.

Man, I had all kinds of stuff to write about here yesterday, but since the internet hates me, I couldn't. Now I can't remember what the hell I was going to write. Whatever. Maybe it will come to me another time. But, honestly, it probably wasn't that important to begin with. Huzzah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found a great pony for Warren and his sibs. http://www.welshponies.com/dart.htm