Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Oh what the hell!

The fun thing about pregnancy is that it completely changes your body. I've long since lost all the weight I put on during pregnancy, but that in no way means I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothing. It also means that all my maternity clothing is way too big. And I go back to work in less than two weeks. Have I mentioned that I hate shopping? Because I do. Also, since we're to be in the poorhouse for the foreseeable future, we really can't afford to buy new clothing. So, yeah. Pleasant.

Oh, and did I mention that we'll be lucky to get $50 back from our taxes? Even with the addition of an entire human? Yeah. Apparently Xtian's raises and extra hours put us into a higher tax bracket. Jesus. This garbage has to stop. I called a moratorium on bullshit a few weeks ago, did I not? Seriously, I know these are all minor setbacks but DUDE! I'm fragile! This is freaking ridiculous. It's about time someone else's life gets a little messy.

On the plus side, there's a VERY cute little boy making giggling sounds at me. We popped that kid on our scale last week, and it showed him weighing 14.5 pounds. He is just over 8 weeks old. And apparently, he's a big boy. Tonight we begin our tours of the daycare options in our neighborhood. I'm really going to miss our leisurely mornings of waking up together, snuggling in bed while he chats at the blinds and smiles at me for half an hour. Like a glutton for punishment, I can't wait for another one. (Although hopefully that will happen after I've gotten a job in Sacramento and we've found suitable housing and are pretty well settled in.)

No comments: