Thursday, June 7, 2007

I may need to lie down for a moment.

ACK! I'm supposed to be leaving for Chico in an hour, and I've yet to get anything done. This baby is really making breathing difficult. Even as a smoker, I've never really gotten winded. I mean, after about 45 of running, I'll be breathing heavily, but today, I stood up and had that same level of "Whoa! I need to catch my breath!" Not very cool. Also, not very useful when I have shit to do.

Right, so my baby sister graduates high school tonight. It's kind of sickening. I think I'll call the school and see if they can hold her back another year.

OH! But I'd be remiss if I didn't tell this story. Last weekend at my cousin's birthday party, my Step Grandma and Grandpa asked me if a lot of people were going to be staying with my parents for Kat's graduation. I told them I didn't know for sure I mean, I'm staying with them, but I haven't heard if anyone else is. But they have the big ass house, and only one kid lives there, so I'm sure there's space.
To which my SG replies, "Oh. Maybe we should call to let them know we're coming."
*blink*
Yeah, so apparently, they hadn't even told my folks that they were coming to the graduation, let alone that they were hoping to crash at my parents' house. They were just planning on showing up with luggage.
This is the level of social skill we're talking about. So, it's no wonder they have no idea how normal humans operate.

Luckily, since I had this conversation with them, I was able to give my mom a heads up. And my mom, being the classy lady she is, called them a few days ago to see if they'd be able to make it, and if she could be so kind as to offer them a place to stay. Sheesh. Good thing my mom has a lick of sense, since god knows SG doesn't.

So, I'm off to run around, breathing heavily and creeping out my coworkers for the next...YIKES 45 minutes.
Have a fabulous weekend y'all, I'll be back on Monday, hopefully chock full of tales.

No comments: