Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Nothing to see here, move along...

So I left my old job for a number of reasons. But I left the entire organization because I was being pigeonholed. People either knew me as a “web” person, or as an admin. I have the qualifications for neither.
I’m a little concerned it’s happening again. Today my boss and my VP introduced me to someone as their “Web Person.” *sigh. I’ve done some work on their website, but really, I’m not a designer, I’m not a developer. I don’t want to be either of those things. I write. I can do some decent advertising/marketing stuff, but I’m not given the chance. Every time I ask for an assignment, and am given it, I find that my boss does it behind my back. I’m not sure what’s going on here, but I’m going to ride it out. Maybe my boss doesn’t have much to do, and so does the tasks he assigns me to keep busy?

Fuck it.

How do you know when the pigeonholing begins? Warning signs, anyone?

No comments: